Saturday, August 25, 2012

story


Story

Adventure
Fun
Art

Story

The bungee
Was named because of me,
They wanted to use my name for it,
Name it the story jump,
But,
I declined,
It only told one part of my story,
The Titanic,
Sank,
So people like me,
Could learn how to swim,
And Armstrong,
Landed on the moon,
Because,
I wasn’t ready just yet,
Captain Cook,
Mapped New Zealand,
Knowing,
That one day,
I’d want to find
A slice of heaven,
My shoes,
Have felt some ground,
Have touched some hearts,
Have paddled some pools,
Yet,
They never tire,
They never sleep,
My toes,
Itch,
My toes,
Twitch,
Ready,
Impatiently,
Waiting,
To follow,
My nose,
Rising above,
Like Hillary,
Conquering the skies,
Like Cameron,
Diving,
Discovering,
That beauty,
That hidden,
Deep,
Within the shadows.

Twister,
Is the game I know best,
Hands stretching,
Hamstrings breaking,
Bums,
Where the head
Should be,
Heads,
Where the bum,
Should be,
A mess,
Of bodies,
Tangled
And twisted,
Knees quivering,
Anticipating,
Left hand,
Purple,
Right hand,
Brown,
A light nudge,
A tender push,
And,
They all
Come a,
Tumbling down.

With my sword,
I slish
And I slash
I splish,
And I splash,
Lighting
A fire that,
Cannot be put out,
Moana Lisa,
Lived like a refugee,
All trapped,
In that frame,
Smiling,
Pretending,
Like she was free,
Like she was that eagle,
Looking down,
Waiting for that rabbit,
To rear its head,
From beneath the earth,
Some people say,
That the pen,
Is mightier,
Then the sword,
Well,
What if,
That sword,
My swords a brush,
Swimming oceans,
Dancing with the stars,
Running through the grass,
Lying,
Out back on the
Hammock,
On a cool,
Autumn day.

No comments:

Post a Comment