Monday, August 13, 2012

C



C

Colouring my nails on Friday night is treat I like to endulge myself with.
What colour should I wear this week? Pink, blue, red, oh I don’t know the choices are just too many and hard to decide.

Pampering myself, while relaxing watching Desperate Housewives eating apple crisps and drinking apple juice, and my nails resting in the fan, drying out and shining like my bright brown eyes. Everything I need is right before me.

I don’t like going out with makeup I’m a typical girl, I gotta have that right look so I can bat an eyelid at a guy to make them crumble, like an apple crumble, so I can tastily eat them.

And in my free time after all this, I will go to a bookstore and read for a few hours, not buy anything. I won’t go to a library as I spent too much time in them at university and the mere thought of entering one again sends shivers from my bum to my head.
But in the bookstore, I can read a chapter of a book, put it back then go back the next day to start again, all whilst reading for free without having to buy the book.

I’ll find a corner, on the floor, stretch out my legs, rest my head against the shelf, keeping an eye on the book, an eye on the scenary, who knows what pretty sites I might see.

People are near me, people are far from me. They talk, they are loud, but I don’t hear a thing, all I see are those words on the page, whispering secrets to me about a life I could never dream about.

This time becomes brief, like the shortest straw, but then again its not about the length, its about the strength, and for all of these two hours, I am in control, I am away from the dreariness of real life. I have the book to escape into, I have the colourful finger nails with the soft touch to make a man wimper, and I have the makeup to enhance my beauty, making me the queen that I truly am.

No comments:

Post a Comment