Friday, August 27, 2010

sunset

Sunset






I woke up one day,

Full of feelings of love and happiness,

Yet sadness,

As I knew this sunset would be my last.



The sun arose behind a cloud of mist and never-ending misery.

This detailed how my life as I knew it would conclude.

Furthermore that I would go onto a life of unanswered questions

With feelings of desertion,

Not knowing what lay ahead of me.



Would I become a bum,

Or learn from my past experiences

And go onto be a success at whatever I chose,.

Had I made the right decision……

How many times over my forthcoming life would I regret it.

Why, oh Why didn’t I seek help when I most needed it!

And why didn’t I accept it when it was offered?



I thought I was happy there,

I thought things were sweet,

I thought insignificant things didn’t matter

But now I know they are as important as the rain forests are to mother earth.



Now it is too late,

Sunset is about me.

It looks like the devils come up from hell,

To grab me by the throat,

And drag me to the depths below.



Perhaps I deserved this,

Maybe I didn’t make the right decision,

If only my heart had given me a clear signal on which path to follow,

Now I’ll never know what road I should have followed.



My life has now ended in Devil’s Fury,

A life of ….. Eternal Misery.

1 comment:

  1. i wrote this, when i knew i was leaving the Navy, back in 1996, and i was only in the Navy for 2 months, yet it had been my dream to get in there since 1992, and i got in, i succeeded, but when the tough got going, i didnt... and i eventually had the choice, leave or get kicked out.

    so i love this poem for the feeling of it, and the special time in my life that it was, and to all of you Navy guys out there reading this, I luv yas!

    ReplyDelete