Friday, August 27, 2010

Elegy to Mac

Elegy to Mac




Your hair still grips the carpet in my car,

It sticks like a strip of Velcro,

Strand by strand I grasp each lifeless piece,

Your black colour has gone now,

And you have left behind a grey shell.

I hold it, like I held you when you were a pup.



I see your big brown eyes looking up

At me, asking me where are we going next?

Your body resting over the two front seats.

You couldn’t quite work out why

When only moments ago

You could curl up on my lap.

And enjoy the ride.

So you’d stand up,

Blocking my view,

The vision munted,

But still you would look back at me,

Your tongue wagging as if to say

Look I’m a good boy.



My car seems empty now without you in it,

My travels are now like a lone ranger

Riding into the sunset.

No smile, no stars in his eyes,

Just the destination in mind.



I place your dull lifeless hairs back on the carpet,

Of my car,

And I sit in the driver’s seat,

Looking through the drool stained windscreen,

And am reminded that I am not alone in my travels.

1 comment:

  1. My boy, I love him so much, my Mac,

    I had to give him up when i gave him to Korea,

    unfortunately none of my family or friends would take him, so I gave him to the RSPCA, (Royal Society for Protection and Care of Animals)

    The pain when I gave him up, is the worst I have ever experienced, and so, I won't have another dog or pet until I get married, as I dont want to have that pain again.

    So, to all of you beautiful girls out there, hurry up and marry me! hahaha

    ReplyDelete