Friday, August 27, 2010

T and L

Now if i were to write the truth about the surfer and the wave,


It would be easier for me to understand how people see me and how I see them,

Manhy people have stayed at my house before,

Many people have passed through my life,

So what thats nothing, right,

I wouldn’t say i’m clever, but i know what i’m feeling,

Should i be doing this, having only known a few people in a few days,

Sure i’ll be a little sad tomorrow night, an empty house,

A promise i’m not sure i can forful,

I’m afraid, i had made this sign on the dotted line,

Now i don’t know, what i do know is that when i wake

The sun will shine somewhere, just not above my heart.

Even now, i can feel an electric wire around my heart,

Why should i be contained by such restraints.

When, in the days past, i have had a smile on me,

People have heard my joy,

My eyes have been that lost diamond in the sky,

Yet, they don’t know me,

I don’t know them,

I could be some devil hiding in a dogs costume.

They could be an angel, hiding behing a lions mane.

And what about the rest, what makes them so special?

Its me, its my heart that roars aloud with gratitude

And desire, like a rose looking for the sun

To grow and remember the warmth that was given,

And to that i say Amen.

1 comment:

  1. this poem i think i reposted here later, so not much to say about it lol, except it is based off a true story lol.

    ReplyDelete