Friday, August 27, 2010

the yeah lament

The Yeah lament.




Yeah, so I thought I knew what I was doing.

Yeah, so I was wrong.

Yeah, so I thought I knew you.

Yeah, so I thought you knew me.

Yeah, so I looked outside this morning and saw you weren’t there.

Yeah, so I looked inside, and you weren’t there either.

Yeah, so I said something’s.

Yeah, so you didn’t understand.

Yeah, so I feel a bit lost now.

Yeah, so I don’t know what to do.

Yeah, so when I met you I felt free.

Yeah, so I felt more than I shoulda.

Yeah, so I knew the feeling was right.

Yeah, so I followed my instincts.

Yeah, so I hoped we were on the same level.

Yeah, so I guessed you didn’t feel the same way.

Yeah, so I ignored that.

Yeah, so I was stupid.

Yeah, so now you’re gone.

Yeah, so I was a bit fast.

Yeah, so time passes slowly now.

Yeah, so my mind’s in yesterday.

Yeah, so yours is already in tomorrow.

Yeah, so I’m lamenting this mistake I made.

Yeah, so they say tomorrows a new day.

Yeah, so they say live in today.

Yeah, so I wana live in yesterday.

Yeah, so that’s where I knew you.

1 comment:

  1. hmm, when did i write this?
    its about a girl,
    I think it was when a girl broke up with me, back in 2008,
    such a long time ago! but to be honest i'm not too sure about either of this.

    i like it, because i stick to the point of lamenting.

    ReplyDelete