This is ameant to be an observation where I describe the sounds and smells of where I am.
Scratching the floor the chairs move in and out from under the table, an electronic keyboard pulsing slowly fading to an end. The songs changed now, faster beat. The words “we got some money” flows out through the wide open spaces with a soft voice getting more rushed as the drum beats faster, a guitar strung harmoniously with the vocalist. An advertisement for classic hits comes over the airwaves. A female singing now, higher pitched than before. Piano keys glazed over, the base maybe guitar or drum I can’t quite tell. The timing seemingly perfect as she picks up the words at exactly the right moment.
A clatter of dishes, a door bouncing shut. Voices tales of chatter surrounding my ears. A girl, a lady speaking loudly, she says” I’ve got like”, then her voice dampens off again. Cupboard doors clapping shut, glasses knocking each other. The coffee machine churning, knives and forks being dropped into the sink, the sound of metal clanging against metal.
Laughter, a hur hur. Plates cling clang, shuffle, shuffle, a chair screeching against the floor. The words hits of the 70’s 80’s and 90’s beams across the radio. Rickey Martin is singing to the tune “She makes you take your clothes off and go dancing in the rain, Living de vidiloca”. Plastic bags rustling, a piercing screeching noise, short and swift.
Chatter, mostly men’s voices, chairs screeching against the floor, repeating the same pattern over and over again. Phil Collins is singing now, the action of the kitchen is loud and clear, I can hear the coffee machine making a frothing bubbly noise followed by a piercing noise, suggesting that the coffee is ready. The soft patter of feet floating over the floor with customers rushing to and fro.
The strong dry musty wood like aroma of fresh roasted coffee beans wavers through the air and I am engrossed in its fragrance feeling compelled to go buy another. The sweet sticky scent of oven cooked chocolate chip biscuits plays with my senses and I know this is a dangerous place to be, especially when I haven’t got much money. A lady walks past and I smell her perfume, it’s as if she just stepped out of the shower, Fresh and full of desire, a most heavenly creature. I am overcome with excitement so I place my hands on the table and pull myself up then gracefully stroll out of this place of temptation.
creative writing exercise ^^
ReplyDelete