Friday, August 27, 2010

the angel

The Angel




This is a poem to my buddy,

Sought after and desired.

An angel in the making,

Glistening blonde hair,

A heart to tell a thousand tales,

Of whom I took for granted,



Too blind was I, to see what was before me.

Like an electric fence with a short,

My defences were weakened,

Vulnerable I became.



When I looked into her eyes,

And heard her laughter,

I was transformed into the putty,

Her daughter dropped into the water,

And rubbed into the carpet



My life had been an open book,

But the more I read

The less I knew.

She was as close as the keypad is to my fingers,

And she became my spell check.



My mind in a rampage,

With she being the sergeant major,

Adding fire to my fuel.



I loved her like a fish lying on the beach,

Taking one last look at the sea,

Before the tide draws back in,

Leaving it stranded

In days that cannot be lived anymore.



The Joker was no longer a card I could use,

My face was an orchard full of bright red cherries,

My words were chosen out of a dictionary,

Only I believed the denial,

I cloaked myself in.



She used her tongue to write my laws,

Spitting them out into thin air,

While I caught them with my butterfly net.



Like a paper boy standing on the corner

She cried, for me to speak my headlines,

She knew my storyline well,

For every word was hers.







Yet Honesty was the class I missed in school,

My textbooks were left at the bottom of my bag

And denial became my greatest teacher.



An angel I once knew,

My heart, coated in gold, lay at her feet.

She was my lord,

Blessed, she made me,

But, I was stupefied,

She wanted the wind,

So off she flew,

Drifting afar,

Beyond the horizon.

1 comment:

  1. this was written about someone back in 2001, i have to admit i like this poem, just for how its written and the feeling thats in there

    ReplyDelete