Friday, August 27, 2010

happiness

Happiness




My face, stuck in long blonde hair

My mouth capturing tasty strands,

My nose in heaven,

The squeeze…tight,

I had found my home.



Our hands and arms wrapped tightly around,

Fighting the hopeless struggle

As they move slowly around our bodies

Finishing but not ending.



The hug I had been waiting for

Finally arrived.





Days pass like the sun going across the sky

And I sit alone

Keeping my tongue trapped in its jail behind my teeth

The newspaper hides my smile

Yet my eyes trace the face I have come to see.



I wait patiently,

My head bowed low, as if I was meeting the queen

Like Scott Dixon in his Indy car my heart races,

And my stutters play like an old tape,



Months may have divided us,

But seconds bring us together,

My eyes are like a sparkler on Guy Fawkes,

They light up and fly



My needs, my selfish desires

Are strong and stubborn like a mule,

Yet the hay tastes better when its shared



Like Braveheart fighting the English

I forget about me,

All I have wanted is here,

A smile shines on my insides,

My nerves slow down



I once was like a puppy waiting for its master,

Now I am one plus one

Equalling two,

My words are clear

My heart was always right.

1 comment:

  1. based off a true story about me travelling everyday from Pamerston North to Wellington, about a 2 hour car ride, to see one of my best mates compete in a swimming competition, we hadnt seen each other for near 6 months.

    it was written back in 2005, and she was/is very beautiful and when we first met, i had a small crush on her, which is long since over lol.

    and we remain best friends, I luv her, and i'm so lucky to have her as a friend, and I know she feels the same way, just our luv is friendship luv, not romantic luv, that desire has long since past lol!

    ReplyDelete