Tuesday, May 22, 2012

day 21/22 winter holidays, final story

the shits have finished, thats the good news! i dunno what caused it, maybe the singapore air?
i was a bit surprised at the drop off point, so many homeless people on the street alseep, kids and adults alike.
i was grateful to see a cop van nearby. i found an atm and then went straight to the mcdonalds for breaky. i had a quick chat with the locals who pointed me to the subway station, then i headed to the twin towers, i was a little tired and still feeling a bit lost, but i eventually found the right place, and luckily i was up close, so after an hours wait, i got the first ride up, the 9am one, first come, first served!
the view from the bridge wasnt bad. although the 15 mins alotted was all u needed up there.
then it was straight up to the 88th floor, u couldnt see people from there and the buses looked smaller than toys from there.
alot of people were asking each other for photos, and again i was mistake for staff! damn that shirt! lol
i had been bacon and eggs, and wrote my final postcards for the trip. i went to a pc bang, where i realised i was tired and my shoulder was knackered, so i called my friend Z, who said I could stay with him and his friends Tomas and Valerie.
on the way, i met the best taxi driver i had experienced in years, an Indian man, very intelligent and sincere, so i gave him a good tip when we finished the ride, but he was too good a man to take it.
Z and the mates and I hada few beers, it was a nice way to relax, dinner was simple,and the kids tried to teach me how to read english, so cute! but by 12 i was knackered, so i crashed out on the floor, i needed it.

Day 22, there are no photos for this day.

the end of the journey, as i write this, i wonder, years to come what will I say about this trip? did it have a profound affect on me or was it just me in another place?. these questions, i cannot answer now. just content and peaceful is all i feel now.
I woke up at 7.30 and at 8.30 Z said good bye. Tomas arranged my taxi and shortly after 10, I was away.
I got into a long talk with the airasia counter people, and we exchanged facebooks as they wanna go to Korea, and I maybe able to help them here.
Later I met Damien, a guy I know from Korea, but honestly I dont know where, hes a Napier, Hawkes Bay lad, much like myself, and thats why counts!
then I met another guy, who irronically i had met at the start of my trip, he was on the same plane, but going to Myranmar lol.
and of course on the plane, i got talking to some cool cats, and that off course has been the theme of this trip, its been grand indeed! the best yet!

1 comment:

  1. This is my original journal from my holidays last January, all 22 days of them, the photos are on facebook for it.

    ReplyDelete