Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Winter holidays 2012

Winter holidays 2012.
Day one: Korea-Kuala Lumpur.
I didn’t finish partying/drinking with Richard Alex and Rohilio until 5am in the morning, when I had to leave to go. After a quick fix of shitdonalds I jumped on the bus for a quick sleep to the airport.
I was pretty fast on the way through customs, must be because I’m so handsome!
I met a big guy on the otherside, I forget his name, but he was going to Burma, and we were actually on the same plane.
So, on the plane it was, I sat next to a cute Korean girl, Mary and her fiancée Zac. Me and Mary talked almost the whole way to KL, turns out she was a Korean Kiwi, in Christchurch of all places, and the had returned to Korea to tell the family about the engagement. Shame, I woulda gotten her number otherwise…
I had paid for the entertainment package, but I didn’t need it, because we just wouldn’t shutup! 
I met another young fellah from Korea, studying in KL, he helped me get the taxi to my mates house, bloody good kid.
Zahir wanted smokes, Marlborough lights (wuzz!) And a bottle of Jim for us to drink. I remember thinking this is bloody expensive as I was getting pangs of anxiety buying them, cheap cunt!!! LOL!
I went straight to Zahirs mates house, cost me about 70RMB, not bad.
Zahirs mate had a great place, a pool in the courtyard, mind u it was shared. I had to wait a little while for him to turn up, but that’s not shit.
Me and Zahir had a coupla beers, before he told me to jump on his tiny little scooter and we went down the road to his work, a mall where he was promoting the new gym hes working at.
I had to hangout a bit for a few hours, so I found a bar and sat for a while.
Then back to his mates place, on this little scooter, which I was a little apprehensive to be on…
Back to Z’s mates place, we ate some real tandori chicken, yummy! Gradually boys starting coming in, and they started to smoke, but they were decent and went away from me, so I don’t have to put up with it.
I got to meet Zahirs mum and then we exchanged cars. And Z took me to the palace where we would be staying, a Czech family. Later on the smoke came out and its just not my thing anymore, so I stayed well away from it.
This was a real nice family, Tomas and his wife and 2 little angels, so cute, then there was Vanessa, the tattooist, with a partly shaven head, a real hippy type family. I ended up sleeping on the chair, a usual thing for me, when I’m drinking lol, so I crawled to the floor space in the living room, and sunk my head.

Day two: Kula Lumpur to Batu Pahat
In the morning I was cooked breakfast by my hosts and I met some of their friends, Jennifer and Patrick, I remember thinking, what nice people these guys are, how lucky I am to be on this journey.
Zahir took me to the metro station, and I was on my own at last. I reached the bus station an hour later, where I ate potato and gravy at the KFC, ohhh I had missed it, Korea does corn instead, its not quite the same… I got on a bus close to 4 and travelled to Batu Pahat. Watching all the palm trees out the window, seemed amazing, no grassland like NZ or scrub like Korea, big talk palm trees, I felt like I was in heaven. The bus stopped once, where I when I got off for a stretch, I made sure I stayed by the bus, just in case it took off without me.
The bus ventured off the main road, onto a 2 lane stretch, I saw a school with a rugby field, sweet!!! A lot of houses were on stilts, perhaps this is because of the monsoons.
Finally the bus entered this dirty little town, I wasn’t quite sure that it was the right place, but when I got off I saw my mate Justin standing there, and I was home. 4 hours looking out the window, just trying to absorb the energy was refreshing.
Justin and his wife and their older friend took me to a Thai restaurant, 2 days there and the only Malaysian food I had eaten was on the plane!
Then, they gave me a tour round town, and we watch Indian belly dancers, celebrating the Chinese new years. Justins house was big, he shared it with his sister inlaw and 2 kids. They had a basement, where the shower and kitchen were. This was to be the start of my cold showers that would continue for almost the rest of the trip. I ended up sleeping about 11 that night, and I was tired, it had been a very long day, however, it was good to sleep in a nice warm bed, instead of the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment