Tuesday, May 22, 2012

day 7 winter holidays 2012

what a day!i could never forget this day, much like the rest of this trip so far. but more special for it wasnt the quantity, but rather the quality of the things that occurred.
First, my aunty and I went to suss out the bus schedule for the next day, but we couldnt work it out, so we went to meet the beautiful Brunei girls instead. Earlier, we had walked around the market, where people come in on their boats from the water villages etc to sell their shit. it was interesting and i saw alot of cats, but this was rather a side issue from the main dish of the day.
As it was the girls i was more interested in meeting, I'm a bloke afterall!
I was horribly under dressed, arent I always? and I was feeling a little shy, I must admit! and with no beers under my belt, my courage was gunna be a little underfire!

Wow, wow, and wow again, although at this stage of writing, I only really remember the names of Ida, Im... Shu and Jpanna, as it was them I talked to the most.
Ida, the muslim in her beautiful head scarf thingee. I really wanted to see her (I'm guessing long black hair) if u cant see it, it leaves u wondering! Ida's a uni lecturer, single, but shes travelled to NZ, so thats a bonus! I think, I can forgive her, for her aussie studies!
Shu...shame she had a boyfriend, shes damn cute!
Imra, the DJ, shes a lesbian, cool for her! Her hair looked really cool. a shaved head with a pink top, I could see us having a beer or two.
Joanna, when we talked over tea, I could feel her specialness. I heard shes divorced with four kids, who ever her her ex is, deserves a good smack in the head for letting her go!
And of course Mimi, who's Chinese, but we barely spoke a word, unfortunately.
then of course, there were the couple, the boyfriend, being a real estate agent. I forget her job. And most importantly my aunty Izza, whom with out my trip woulda been a whole lot worse!
I was sad to see them go, I wanted longer, alas, we had more things to do It was off to meet Jenny, the jungle girl who I had given up a date with to meet these lovely ladies.
I did my shopping and bought new shorts and postcards for all the family back home.
Walking to the post office I saw the lovely Huwaida, for 5 minutes only, but i was dreaming of seeing them for longer.
Then it was off to the mansion, with the lady, Aunty Izza and Jenny, before we departed to the 6 star empire hotel, where the Sultan has an OJ while out riding his horse every sunday.
Watching the sun go down felt like a proper way to end my journey in Brunei, well almost.
Jenny, her friend and Ida, oh Ida, what at treat, came for a proper English dinner and desert. Roast beef, spuds, carrots, broccoli, the works Even a vege meal (not that I'd eat it, its not a manly thing! I need meat!) for Jenny.
Followed by bread and butter pudding, red wine, and tea. All served by the maid, how posh we are!
The excitement wasnt done yet, with Jenny's friend getting locked in the bathroom. Aunty Izza was calling the fire department, when against all odds the girl walked out.
I talked to Ida alot that night, like I had at lunch. Shes really sweet and pretty and everything neat. Yet, I wonder what hair does look like!
So that was the end of my day 6, I wonder what the rest of my journeys gunna turn out like?

No comments:

Post a Comment